Saturday, September 4, 2010

"That Girl" Has a Place to Live... She Thinks!

Hey ladies and gents -

I've been so slammed with plans and preparations for my puddlejump that I have neglected you, my two readers. But I promise to make up for my negligence with a whole crapload of exciting news.

First and foremost, I am playing the waiting game on my student visa, having finally acquired all the funds, documents, photos and fingerprints necessary to satisfy the British Consulate. My materials are happily in the hands of the Brits, and hopefully, any day now, I'll be officially cleared for my studies. Oh, and I paid the $300 fee required to send me a piece of paper saying I'm legal. :)

In even bigger, more exciting news, I *think* I found a place to live in the jolly ol' Londontown. The flat, located on the Picadilly line, is a cute little Victorian place, occupied by two fun women and their two lovely cats. We skyped today and we have a lot in common, and spent about 40 minutes chatting and laughing. All in all, I think it sounds like a grand arrangement. They're both creative and liberal, which is an important consideration for me. They have cool jobs, are very friendly and warm, and looking for a roommate who can also be a friend, much like I am! And did I mention that they have CATS?!?! As I'm sad about leaving my Layla in the hands of my mom and dad while I'm gone, it'll be delightful to have some warm fuzzies around in the UK.

I have just under a month to go before the big move, and I'm so excited and so scared in equal (and conflicting) parts. It sounds silly I know, as I've been planning this for awhile, but it's all starting to feel very real, veeeeery fast! I need to find someone to take my room in my NYC apartment, pack and get a storage unit etc. etc. etc. It's a crazy time in my life. I'm just so hoping that the fear gives way a bit in the next few days. It'll make my life so much easier to just be completely psyched instead of ready to throw up my breakfast/lunch/dinner at any given moment!

Love,
That Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment