Monday, July 26, 2010

"That Girl" is Pleased You're Here!

Hey there --

Welcome to the internet cabana of your friendly (sometimes) neighborhood (sort of) That Girl. Originally from Pennsylvania, That Girl moved to the glorious Big Apple nearly three years ago to pursue, along with three million other short brunette women, the dream of being an actress. Fast forward to now. That Girl is an actress. She's a variety/burlesque performer and producer. She has a theatre company of her very own which has been reasonably successful on the isle of Manhattan. And now what? She will, as of October 1, be travelling to London (Assuming her visa goes through!) to begin a one year Master's in Performance. IN LONDON. Squeee!

So why here? On blogger? Writing yet another travel blog to inflict upon friends, coworkers, perfect strangers who don't care how I spent my Sunday and certainly don't want to see pictures of my cat? Starting a blog while I'm away is in some ways a very selfish thing to do. I want a forum to broadcast my adventures and stresses and observations, I suppose, just like anyone who blogs. But my main motivation is that I am already feeling homesick for all of you, two months prior to my departure. I'll miss seeing your faces, and eating tator tots with you, and searching out the best Drag Queen Bingo in Manhattan with you. I'll miss the convenience of an MTA-sponsored trip to your apartment for takeout and a bitchfest. In short, I'll miss you like a hole in my head. But, by writing to you here, it's like being in the next boro, instead of being multiple timezones away.

And why are you here? Well, presumably, you'll miss me too. I mean, I am charming. But there's another reason. I get into some of the strangest, most off the wall, randomest situations on a daily basis. If I can accomplish that in NYC, just imagine how much absurdity I can wrassle up abroad!

I'm glad you're here. I hope you'll stay. Let the adventure (and the silliness) begin.

Love,
That Girl

1 comment: